Hanging on by =Indae is an amusing little scene and a fun variation on a contest theme. I love the details packed into the background especially the awesome water effect. Small additions like the eyepatch and emoticon expressions just add to the whole feel of the scene giving a great atmosphere.
Its hard to take your eyes of Boing by ~horber95. The flawless shading, adorable expression and smooth animation just make the emoticon flow and easily capture your attention.
Being terrified of spiders myself i absolutely love Man vs Spider by `CookiemagiK. Everything from the emotes expression to the spiders movement to the hitting effect fits together perfectly to make an emote many people can appreciate.
Other great emoticons posted recently
~Jenya88 has restarted an old space themed project. Theres still plenty of space to make an entry, so consider joining in
`IceXDragon has started up a new tower project. The aim is simple add an emote to the tower and see how high it grows. Its a nice little project for emoticonists of all skills, so check it out.
This editions guest section has been prepared by the awesome =Kyramy
Since my emote team recently took new management and became Monsters and Minions, and of course since October's coming up which means Halloween, I'd do a feature of 'Monsters'
- =Indae has started up a new interview series for emoticonists called Indie asks.... There have been two articles so far so check out the interviews with Mirz123 and EastSideSunsets
- `Krissi001 has posted a summary of the latest emoticon contest winners. Be sure to check them out here
- You can also catch up on the latest DDs in this article
- There has been a change in Opus recently. Check out the last set of winners here and the theme for the next one here
- The latest edition of Emotiviews has been posted recently featuring `SanguineEpitaph. Be sure to grab a copy on this page
- Dont forget to view the results from Augusts EMTC and consider taking part in Septembers contest
- To keep up to date on the Emote Team news, head over to this journal
- `Droneguard has been interviewed for the Devious Minds series. You can find the article here
- =Kyramy is looking for feedback on a new Emoticonist Theme Challenge. If you want to find out more, head over to this journal
Volume 121 - 10th July 2011
Volume 122 - 23rd July 2011
Volume 123 - 9th August 2011
Volume 124 - 30th August 2011