After quite a gap I've decided to try re-launching my long running emote news article series. I've had a couple of people mention how much they enjoyed it and now I've got a bit of extra time I feel I can give it another go. It's coming back in near the same format and with a slight change to the name 'So I heard you like emotes??' instead of the old 'So i herd u liek emotes??' as I wanted to drop the chatspeak element. I hope to post it every 1-2 weeks depending on how busy the community is at the time - So if you want more frequent articles keep posting more art .
If you enjoy the series please do let me know, and if you have any suggestions or news you'd like advertised give me a note
As a fan of The Avengers I thought both of these Avengermotes sets by ~EmotiKai were rather clever and well designed. Each of the characters is easily recognisable and nicely pixelled. I can't wait to see the other members pixelled too
When Angels Cry by =happy-gurl is an incredibly sweet emote with a great sense of emotion. The rain effect works well within the scene and small little details just help bring the emote to life.
Build a Bridge and Get Over It by `stuck-in-suburbia is another brilliant entry to the emote story project. The perspective in the emote is fantastic and helps draw your eye into the scene and shading on the background and bridge looks amazing.
Other great emotes posted recently
This or That Pack contest
The 'This or That' pack contest has recently closed and the level of entries was amazingly high. Be sure to check out all of the fantastic packs below:
As part of the contest there is a winner selected by the public. To cast your vote for the People's choice award visit this journal. The deadline is 14th June
- The current EMTC launched a few days ago with the theme of 'Magic'. There is a long list of awesome prizes up for grabs (including a sculpture of the winning entry e.g [link]. Be sure to take a look at the rules on this page
- After a short break #EmoticonOpus has started a new contest. The theme this round is 'Summer' and the prize list is growing with a top prize over 800 . You can find all the information in this journal
- You can find a roundup of last month's DDs and various other emote news in this article
- ~pyro3345 has launched a Emote Dungeon project and is looking for entries. It looks like an interesting project, especially for those that are newer to the community. You can check it out here
- #Emotication has recently gone through a major revamp to bring all of the journals and information up to date. If you haven't checked out the new format then do swing by the group.
- `ChaosEmeraldHunter has launched a new contest known as 'The non-emote emote contest' with the idea to make an emoticon out of something other than pixels. The prizes on offer are amazing and it sounds like a great challenge, so check out the information here